Corona Virus update for Customers
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update As we continue to monitor the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking steps to help protect the health and well-being of our customers and partners. Please proceed to our information hub to learn about the latest updates. I’m a customer I’m a partnerIn view of last Saturday’s communication by the President of the Government and the publication of Royal Decree 463/2020, on 14 March, a state of alarm has been announced for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19. A health emergency has been declared and INDIBA, S.A will notify to its customers, suppliers, agents, distributors and the whole user community and professionals of the measures to be taken on a national level. These include:
- INDIBA, S.A, gives full support to our health authorities by following their recommendations and indications.
- INDIBA, S.A, is a dedicated healthcare company and is committed to supporting our professionals, so they can continue to provide their services under the terms and conditions regulated by our authorities in this State of Alarm.
- In order to minimize the risks of possible contagion arising from professional practice INDIBA, S.A emphasizes the obligation to work in accordance with protocols to ensure the protection of professionals and patients and / or customers.
- To do this, treatments should be carried out in the absence of risk indicators or symptoms (high fever, cough, respiratory distress). In view of the need to treat patients presenting these symptoms, they should only be treated if they have the necessary personal protective equipment and by following the general guidelines for protection against the transmission of contagious diseases that have been published by professional associations and Ministry of Health.
- Priority must always be given in adhering to epidemiological recommendations for the prevention of risk to both professionals and for patients.
- We appreciate the work of all the great INDIBA family (users, professionals, customers, agents and distributors) as well as the INDIBA staff, putting the health and community service in these difficult times.
- INDIBA, S.A puts our technical expertise and knowledge at the disposal of all our professionals and customers, so that they can continue working and trusting in technology with total peace of mind, safety and efficiency.
- Further, as a service orientated healthcare company we make ourselves available to the health authorities, for everything we can do to help alleviate the consequences of this crisis.
Clinical TrainingFollowing the advice of the Health Authorities and seeing the increase and risk of transmission of the Covid-19 virus, INDIBA S.A has decided to postpone all international travel, in order to protect the well-being of our clients and workers. As an alternative, INDIBA will continue to host training sessions online and our trainers will continue to be at available via phone and-or online. Read official notification
Medical Treatment FAQs[accordion title=”At the present time, by the COVID-19 pandemic. Can I do an INDIBA treatment?”] Please refer to your National governing body for guidance on treatment at this time. [/accordion] [accordion title=”I have done an INDIBA treatment and I don’t know if my client/patient could be an asymptomatic carrier of the disease, what should I do?”] Being an asymptomatic carrier does not mean suffering from the disease, although it does mean being able to transmit it to others, like so many other infectious diseases. The risks of treatment under these conditions are no different from those arising from close interaction with carriers of the same profile in other areas of our daily lives (workplaces, attendance at sporting or religious events, and consumption in bars or restaurants). In the case of the manifestation of symptoms typical of the COVI-19 (general malaise, fever, cough, difficulty in breathing), you should contact the health services (telephone) provided in your community to follow up. [/accordion] [accordion title=”Can the COVID-19 virus contaminate the general equipment of our workplaces?”] Although it has been described that the virus could survive in contact with certain materials up to several days after contamination by an affected person, the application of the usual hygiene and protection measures should be sufficient to prevent actual transmission by this route. In the context of the current situation and in a preventive manner, extreme care must be taken with hygiene and cleaning measures, especially with regard to equipment and accessories (return plates and electrodes). [/accordion] [accordion title=”How should I clean the electrodes?”] In this regard, we would like to remind you of the instructions that also appear in the User Manual of our equipment and those provided in all INDIBA training courses. PRECAUTIONS:
- Do not knock the electrodes or scratch them with sharp or pointed objects. If the coating comes off, loses its adherence to the metal part or is worn away, do not use the capacitive electrode; replace it with another instead.
- Capacitive (CAP) electrodes are not designed to be sterilized. Sterilization will damage the coating.
- Use a lint-free cloth or towel to remove cream residue from the electrodes and the surface of the neutral plate.
- Do not apply stress or force to the electrode shafts; incorrect handling may cause them to become misaligned or cracks to appear on the electrode surface.
- The capacitive electrode has a polyamide plastic coating. Do not expose it to temperatures above 90 ºC.
- Always keep the device in good repair. Clean it periodically. Do not use corrosive or oxidizing substances, such as bleach or ammonia.
- Always clean the accessories before and after each use.
- Use a cloth or towel to clean excess cream from active electrodes, return electrodes and handles.
- Clean each accessory with a disinfectant wipe suitable for non-invasive medical instruments (such as alcohol) or mild soap and water. Leave to dry before using.
- Preferably use a new wipe for each element.