What are cookies and what are they used for
Cookies are the small text files that are downloaded in the browser of a user’s device (computer, mobile telephone, tablet, etc.) when browsing a website, application or IT platform.
Cookies offer many advantages for the provision of information society services, as they make it easier and more flexible to browse the internet, and also help us to improve the quality of the services we provide to our users. Cookies, among other things, allow information about a user’s browsing habits or that of their device to be stored and recovered, which helps us to know which pages or utilities of a website, application or platform are the most useful and which are not, for the purposes of improving them and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which the device is used, they can also be used to recognise the user.
Type of cookies we use in this website
According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: those we send to the user’s device from a device or domain managed by TMB or from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those sent to the user’s device from a device or domain that is not managed by TMB, but by third parties.
According to the time they remain active:
- Session cookies: these are temporary and remain in the browser of the user’s device until they abandon the website, application or platform. These cookies make browsing easier and more agile.
- Persistent cookies: those in which the information is stored in the user’s device and that the user can access for a period of time established by the cookie manager (can be a few minutes or even years).
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: allow the user to browse through a website, application or platform.
- Personalisation cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics, such as, for example, the type of browser used to access, etc.
- Analysis cookies: allow the number of users to be quantified and thus take measurements and produce analyses of statistics on the activity on the websites, applications or platforms, and prepare user browsing profiles in order to introduce improvements.
TMB’s own cookies that are used in this website are technical or personalisation cookies, which, in turn, can be session or persistent cookies. In compliance with article 22.2 of Act 34/2002 of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, TMB’s own cookies do not require the users’ consent.
The third party cookies used on this website for analytical purposes:
|Issuer||Description of the purpose||Links for more information on the cookies|
|Generate an anonymous user identifier that allows the users’ activity to be analysed for statistical purposes.||Privacy of Google Analytics|
|Allow it to be determined whether a user logged in using their Facebook username and password on this browser.||Page with information on the use of Facebook cookies|
Options for the users of this website
The user has three options:
- Not clicking on the “Accept” button that appears in said cookie information and acceptance notice, and continuing to browse on our website, will imply the acceptance of the installation of cookies, but, unlike in the previous case, each time they browse our website, the cookie information and acceptance notice will continue to appear.
- Configure their device’s browser to restrict, block or delete the installed cookies or prevent their installation.
Users may restrict, block or delete the cookies installed on their device by configuring the options of the browser they have installed on their device. If the installation of cookies on their device is not permitted, it is possible that they cannot access some of our sections or utilities, and may even not be able to browse.